Wednesday, October 21, 2009

I love to read. Most recently, children's books because of how clean and innocent, and how really fun they are. My most recent find is that Gail Carson Levine has written more than just Ella Enchanted. Dozens of cute fairy tales are part of her collection, and all are just as good as the last. It's made me remember my childhood fascination with fairies and mermaids and all things mythical and wonderful. I remember loving to sketch all these creatures. I realized that all of that is behind me now. I don't draw anymore. I don't think about writing a novel or anything not school-related. And on a slightly different note, I don't play my flute anymore. What kind of a person have I become?
I watch TV daily. I go to school. I read. I work. Looking at that, you wouldn't know I like to write, imagine, sketch, design...I'm not really sure what I'm getting at. I just wish that I could do so much more of what I want to do. And I suppose I still can. It's just the matter of getting into a design school or declaring a major and them accepting me. I hate the fact that you can't get into a program without being "good enough." Like me trying our for BYU school of music. I did not get into the program because I wasn't good enough. It doesn't matter that that was what I wanted to do, I simply wasn't good enough. It's just frustrating. Anyway, I hope to eventually do something that I love, and that others think I'm good at.

So, Josh and I are doing well though. We are in the process of getting approved for a loan to buy our first little place : ) I am extremely excited to start decorating. We've already bought couches to fit the living room (since the one we currently have is upholstered in a sixty's, velvet floral pattern and pretty tiny). And I'm already picking out tile and rugs and all kinds of things to put together. It makes me so happy : ) That's the update on our loving life.

No comments:

Our family ; )

Our family ; )